It took me a while to figure out what this was exactly and I'm still not entirely clear if it matters what I list. But best I can figure out I'm supposed to list 7 interesting things about myself.
So here goes:
- When I was in college I had a subscription to "Road & Track" magazine. I also wanted to be an Industrial Designer so I could design cars. This lasted until second semester of freshman year when I had to take drafting - no computers - all by hand. I had just about enough patience to make it through the class with a C and change my major.
- I have an unnatural fascination with people addicted to drugs and alcohol. One of my favorite tv shows is Intervention and I google Amy Winehouse news every day to make sure she is still alive.
- I'll also watch almost any kind of reality television that ends in a makeover - clothes, restaurants, weight loss, etc. There must be some sort of universal fascination with transformation 'cause I know I ain't the only one watching.
- When I was growing up my favorite color was yellow. Bright yellow. With a tinge of orange if possible, please. Now that I'm a designer I don't have a favorite color - only favorite color palettes. But I still can't stand bubble gum/pepto bismal pink.
- The first time I went skiing I went by myself. My friend who was supposed to go with me on our non-refundable trip had to cancel. Since she was my ride, I rented a car and went anyway. It was a huge adventure from the black ice on the 8 hour drive to Vermont to the heart attack I almost gave the ski instructor when I jumped off the ski lift too late. I had almost no one to talk to for 3 days, but I came home with a great story.
- When I was a little girl, I used to get terribly homesick at sleepovers. I never ever fell asleep, always wanted to go home, and eventually started
fakinggetting stomach aches to avoid having to go in the first place.
- I was an aunt by the time I was ten years old. Having much older siblings was my claim to fame throughout grade school.