Thursday, November 15, 2007

Watermelon Salsa

Last night H. served another delicious meal for dinner - salmon over a bed of jasmine rice and dressed with watermelon salsa, which he made up.

Apparently, there was some cut up watermelon he needed to use up and thought it would work as a salsa. And I have to say, after I got over my initial shock (I thought I was biting into tomato) the cilantro really complimented the watermelon.

Recipe:
Combine the following ingredients to taste: (Sorry - no exact measurements. H. was not planning to have this documented.)
  • cubed watermelon
  • diced avocado
  • chopped fresh cilantro
  • chopped leek (green part only)
  • apple cider vinegar
  • red pepper flakes
  • lime juice
  • pinch of salt
I had the leftovers today and the salsa was even more delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin