Friday, May 30, 2008

A Beautiful Poem!

Gena over at These Foolish Things has posted an achingly beautiful poem called "When you thought I wasn't looking". Go read it and bring a vintage lace hankie to dry your eyes.

There was one line, though, I can only relate to in my dreams:
When you thought I wasn't looking, I felt you kiss me goodnight, and I felt loved.
Conjures up a lovely image doesn't it? Unfortunately, the reality here is not quite so idyllic. Every night I go in to check on E. before I go to bed. And every night, as I gently kiss his cheek or forehead - in his sleep - he swats me away and grimaces as if he's really annoyed. And if I ask him if he knows I go in to check on him he says in his most aggravated tone, "Why do you have to check on me? Why don't you just leave me alone?!"

I know - the stuff of poetry - talk amongst yourselves...I'm a little farklemt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin